As mentioned on my home page #17Before2017 was my latest entry in my bullet journal (post soon to come on what this is, what I use it for and how it’s changed my life!). This so I thought I’d share my 17 before 2017 as my first blog post!
1) Finish six books:
I am a nightmare for starting several books at the same time, something I’m going to try and change in the New Year. The six books I currently have on the go but want to finish before 2017 are:
- The Freedom Writers Diary
- The Story Of O
- Grit: The Power Of Passion And Perseverance
- Legacy: What The All Blacks Can Teach Us About The Business Of Life
- Game Of Thrones
- Everyday Sexism
Book reviews will be up as soon as I finish these!
2) Spring clean the flat and my room at home – COMPLETE!
This is half complete since I cleaned my before coming home for Christmas. My room at home is full of stuff that I haven’t sorted out for years.
UPDATE – Since being home for Christmas I have completely cleared out my bedroom, it’s looking so much better having sorted all my things! All the things I was getting rid of I either donated to a charity shop or a recycling bank!
3) Donate unused things to a charity shop – COMPLETE!
I have a very good habit of keeping things for the sake of it, even when I no longer use them. I have a load of left over sports kit that I didn’t have space in my luggage to take to Malawi with me in the summer. Once I’ve started sorting things out I’m going to donate it all to a charity shop.
4) Meet up with three school friends
5) Visit my dad and step mum on their anniversary – COMPLETE!
6) Start playing piano again – COMPLETE!
So far I have started learning Stay With Me by Sam Smith and Hallelujah
7) Visit my Nanny Daltons grave – COMPLETE!
I can’t remember the last time I went so this is something that’s really important for me to do before the year is out.
8) Visit my Grandad in hospital again & give him his Christmas presents! – COMPLETE!
I’ve visited my granddad a couple of times since being home, but I gave him his Christmas presents today, he was on much better form and we chatted for a while before he fell back asleep, it was a really lovely visit.
9) Spend some time with my Godmother – COMPLETE!
She has limited mobility and when I can, I go visit her, although these visits usually tend to be brief, I’d like to spend an afternoon with her playing board games or watching films!
10) Go for a long walk with my mum and Louis – COMPLETE!
We went for a lovely long walk on Christmas day!
11) Plan a day out with the family
12) Start writing a blog – COMLETE! (ish)
Well… here I am, not sure if this counts or not!
13) Write my goals for 2017
14) Start new bujo for 2017 – COMPLETE!
Blog post about this soon to come!
15) Do something kind for a stranger
16) Write budget for 2017
17) Watch six documentaries
Can you live without your phone? Breaking into prison
- NYPD: biggest gang in New York?
- Sex, drugs & murder: life in the Red Light Zone (
Episode 1,Episode 2, Episode 3 )
- Muslims like us (2 episodes)
- Black is the new black (4 episodes)
Jade: why I chose porn Stacey on the Frontline: Girls, guns and ISIS
- Making a slave (Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3)
- Prison my parents and me