After being inspired by Karla over at Boho Berry I have been reflecting over the last couple of days and have decided to do a review of my year.
What are the main things I’ve done / achieved this year?
- Was assigned my first case with the Youth Offending Service
- Completed my first cycle (1 year) of mentoring with TwentyTwenty
- Sold my first car and bought my first brand new one!
- Quit my job (lifeguarding / swimming teaching) and started working security
- Started and played 80 minutes of every single game of the 2015/16 season for Loughborough University and Loughborough Town
- Nominated for CVA awards
- Played in the BUCS Premiership quarter finals for Loughborough Uni
- Organised a Naked Calendar for charity
- Spent a week with the RFU at Twickenham
- Helped organise the Spirit Of Rugby Loughborough Launch Festival
- Got my SIA license
- Played County Rugby
- Won the “players player” awards at Loughborough Town end of season dinner
- Coached Rugby in Malawi and met some bloody amazing people and kids!
- Also travelled to: South Africa, Zambia and Morocco
- Moved to Birmingham
- Started my year of full time voluntary service with City Year UK (incredible charity, incredible people!)
- Changed teams and started playing for Lichfield #RedAndGreenFamily
- Played in a fixture against Scotland
- Achieved level 2 rugby coaching accreditation
- Applied and was accepted onto the Uprising Leadership Programme
- Started a bullet journal
- Signed and put a deposit down for my own flat in 2017
What am I most proud of this year?
- The progress I have made with my mentoring, especially one of the girls from TwentyTwenty
- The positive effect I am having on my kids at school whilst volunteering with City Year (I imagine this is what it feels like to be a proud parent)
What could have been better this year?
- I didn’t focus enough and wasn’t disciplined enough studying for my degree which resulted in me being disappointed with my results for my second year
- Financial planning – especially when fundraising for Malawi
Favourite moments from the year?
- Winning a sevens tournament on my birthday and celebrating with the Loughborough team
- Seeing how happy sports made everyone in Malawi (not just the kids!)
- Red Jacket Ceremony with City Year
- My sister introducing me to Bullet Journaling
What can I do to build on my success for next year?
- Continue to set, pursue and review my goals
- Stay focused and be disciplined – especially upon returning to Uni in September!
- Always ask questions and pick the brains of interesting people I meet!
- Take every opportunity