Explore the year with goals, stories and something you’ve never done before.
Want to tell the story about the first time you performed on stage? We’d love to hear. Planning to join the gym but have some new starter jitters? Try it out for a week and document the week in writing. Did something big happen on your first week of school? Write a flashback story and take us through your journey.
As part of the Beatfreeks blogging challenge I am using their monthly themes to try and start writing on my blog on a regular basis.
In my (belated) January post “Something New” I am taking a glance at my year in goals. (The blog post is late.. but all my goals were established at the start of the year).
For anyone that knows me in person will know that I am big on lists, big on planning and that I love the bullet journal system.
I won’t be sharing all of them but here are the 10 areas that I set my goals in (different from Kalas original 10) and a few goals / new things I’m particularly excited about working towards and trying.
- Personal Development
- 3 new qualifications
- Start listening to podcasts instead of music in the car – any suggestions welcome!
- Start blog and post regularly
- Improve public speaking
- Read 2 books per month (I love reading but finding the time and motivation is so tricky sometimes!)
- Attend 100% of lectures
- Minimum of 2:1 in all work
- Achieve a 1st in dissertation
- Be in a good place physically and mentally before starting pre-season
- Have a solid pre-season
- Captain Loughborough University 1XV
- Be the strongest and fittest I’ve ever been
- Enjoy playing again
- Health and Fitness
- Drink 2L of water a day
- Plan meals better
- Minimum of 10000 steps per day
- Stop biting my nails
- Visit City Year South Africa and work with Kliptown Youth Programme
- Meet YiPSA representative when in Johannesburg
- Apply for Personal Coach / Support Worker role with NCS The Challenge
- Apply and be accepted onto FE PGCE
- Apply and be accepted onto rehabilitation internship with Young In Prison South Africa
- Giving and Contribution
- #Change500Challenge – set myself the challenge this year of positively affecting or changing 500 different people’s lives
- Next Christmas I am going to spend time, not money. I want to volunteer to help those in need over the festive period.
- Fun and Recreation
- Take myself on a date once a month. Explore. Visit somewhere new.
- Read 50 books
- Take a random weekend road trip with no destination in mind
- Physical Environment
- Don’t collect stuff… declutter the flat on a regular basis!
- Keep and maintain a healthy study space
I am active on twitter and facebook and love to share things that I find interesting and inspiring. So far I really feel like I haven’t kept my promise to myself that when I started this page that I would write and post regularly.
So as part of my “Do Something New” post inspired by Beatfreeks, I am going to commit to posting a minimum of once a month! Let’s see how this goes!